Well, what else would be the past tense of “it must be mine!”?
Called up the FLGS today to see if they would be able to get a copy of Tome of Adventure Design from Frog God Games, when it was available (since it’s still shown as pre-order at FGG). The conversation went something like:
“Can you order… okay, hang on. Is Frog God Games on your vendor list? They did the Tome of Horrors, the really big one for Pathfinder.”
“Yes, but we just sold our last one.”
“That’s okay, I’m actually looking for Tome of Adventure Design when it com…”
“I’ve got it right here, I’m thinking about buying it myself.”
“No way. The web site shows it as still ‘pre-order’.”
“Way. It’s in my hand.”
“Red cover, gold letters, are we talking about the same thing?”
“Yep. It was on the pick list, I didn’t know what it was so decided to take a look.”
“Can you hold it for me? I can be there in an hour.”
“Sure. I’ll just order another one for myself.”
I like this store. Into the van, over the Malahat, and there it was.
Since I was there anyway, took a look for other things that might interest me. Ended up with
- Ultimate Toolbox from Alderac Entertainment Group
- Swords & Wizardry core rules
- The Chronicles of Remlar core rule book… which I am utterly unfamiliar with, but a quick browse through it suggested I want to learn more. This is supported by the web search I just did, the reviews suggest it’s something I’ll want to look at more. [oh good, since I already bought it!] Does anyone know anything about this?
And since I was passing by my other FLGS on the way home, I dropped in and checked my pull box.
- Smallworld Tunnels expansion (promo, so free!). Not very profound, just provides tokens to make it easier to use Smallworld and Smallworld Underground at the same time.
- PS238: Saving Alternate Omaha. I’ve been reading PS238 since it hit the trades (I stopped buying individual comic books decades ago), so a new book from Aaron Williams is always appreciated.
Not bad for an otherwise slow weekend.