I collect a fair number of links through the week.
Links I find interesting and want to pass on, I include in my Links of the Week posts (though I’ve been falling down on the ‘weekly’ part).
Links I find particularly exciting or impressive, I post more or less immediately as a Link of Fame.
Links I expect to make use of from time to time usually get filed in my ‘RPG Resources’ or a similar group, but there isn’t really much room for explanation or description there.
I’m starting a ‘Hall of Fame’ for links that I expect to make regular use of or direct people to on a regular basis. These will likely be broken down by topic area (campaign design, character development, and so on) and/or originating site, depending on topic. I have found several series of posts that I want to keep track of, but including them every week in the Links of the Week is becoming kind of silly (JB’s Land of Ice series, for example — I like it and want to follow it, and will want to refer to it later, but I’d rather have a single page that I update than repeat it every week with the new entries).
- Campaign Settings
- Game Design
- Graphics Resources
- Body Models
- Cartography and Maps
- Heraldry, Shields and Blazoning
- Product Releases
- Setting Design
- Bat in the Attic: How to make a Fantasy Sandbox
- Campaign Relationship Generator
- Charles Ryan: The Medieval Kingdom
- Hack & Slash: On Village Resource
- io9.com: 10 Secrets to Creating Unforgettable Supporting Characters
- KJD-IMC: Campaign and Scenario Design
- KJD-IMC: Node-Based Megadungeon
- KJD-IMC: On Imagination and Creativity
- KJD-IMC: Polyhedral Pantheons
- Medieval Demographics
- STUFFER SHACK: Designing Fantasy Cities
- Setting Elements
- Sources of Inspiration
- System Design
- System Hacks
- Writing Guidelines and Tools