I’m taking part in the A-Z Challenge this year. The premise of the challenge is to post one article every day, except Sundays, through the month of April. This usually amounts to twenty-six days, or close to, and for an added twist, each post is to cover a topic starting with ‘A’ on the first day and finishing with ‘Z’ on the last day.
Technically I’ve missed the first day, an inauspicious beginning, but I’ve just spent five days packing my house to move at the end of the month. Most of the packing is done; my office is somewhere between a TARDIS and a clown car.
I suppose I’ll have to work fast and catch up.
A-Z April Challenge Posts
- Alignment or Allegiance?
- Books and Other Sources of Knowledge
- Cartography Styles in Seekers of Lore
- Demesnes-Level Gaming Resources
- Exploration, Seeing What There Is To See
- Fractal Game Design
- Generating Random Gaming Content
- Hex Population Density
- Aiming for a Double today, the first one was much too easy. I’m not sure which one, though.
- Just Guess: Demographics in Seekers of Lore
- Let’s see if I can get two in again.
- Kingdom Example: Random Kingdom
- Kingdom Evolution, from Manor to Monarchy (interrupted, got involved building the maps to support this and didn’t get it done… but do plan to come back to it)
- Lexicon and Microscope: A Study of an Imaginary World
- Mythos and Madness: Becoming a Cultist for Fun and Prophet
- Neoplastic Press or Nerd-Crush, You Decide
- Old Schools: Swords & Wizardry
- Another Double, the night before
- Quick Map, A Bit of Experimentation
- Religion in Seekers of Lore
- Aiming for two again:
- Teratic Monster Design
Considering how many articles I’m writing for this challenge, and how long my articles normally are, I’m tempted to add them up. This is starting to feel quite a bit like I’d come close to the 50,000 words expected of NaNoWriMo. They don’t make a story in nearly the same way that challenge does, but it may be comparable in terms of sheer volume.
I think maybe I will. A couple thousand words here, a couple thousand words there, an occasional extra post… it might be enough.