Horse-riding nomadic orcs (elites ride pegasi).
- Homeland plains are encroached on by the Empire of the Sun.
- Blood feud with the Ssthar tribes (ancient enmity, and relatively recently the Ssthar managed to wipe out the Kreshtar pegasi – and the son of their leader, who was one of the pegasus riders
- Regularly hire out as mercenaries.
- Former ruling tribe over all the Thaar tribes, ‘kingdom’ collapsed under its own weight. No longer want to rule, more isolationist (willing to let well enough alone… mostly).
- Primary inhabitants of the Kresh Plains.
Description and Identification
Humanoids, a little taller than most humans and lean, wiry figures. Olive skin, usually tanned rather darker. Dark eyes, dark hair (both usually black) tied in a topknot. Usually lightly armored, use big axes and shields (or greataxes), mounted combat by preference. Females generally favor mounted bows (short bows or composite/recurve), smaller melee weapon (short sword or shortspear) as backup.
- Large axe wounds, lots of arrow-filled bodies.
- Shamanic magic and trappings (signs of rituals and/or fetishes); land more fertile than might be expected due to long practice of enhancement.
- “Herd of horses” prints, but other evidence (such as horse dung) usually removed for later use.
Plains of Kresh (tribes), almost anywhere (mercenaries).