Great-grandma was seduced by a dragon,
When she became the dragon’s reeve.
You might think there’s no such thing as dragons,
But as for me and my dad, we believe.
— The Wyrmish Rovers
While direct, if distant, descent from a dragon is a common explanation for a sorcerer’s draconic bloodline, others are possible.
- Long association with a particular dragon or line of dragons;
- Having been born under a Dragon Star, fated to be the champion of wyrms;
- An ancestor who was soaked in a dragon’s heartblood (or you were!); and
- A soul-wrenching rite of passage, bonding you to a draconic patron.
- Chromatic dragons, evil incarnate and masters of their domains.
- Metallic dragons, paragons of good and protectors of mortals.
- Primal dragons, manifesting the powers of nature.
- Imperial dragons, impartial judges and overseers of the land.
- Outer dragons, interplanetary and interstellar travelers.
Whatever your lineage, this book has you covered.