Demons and rituals are both staples of fantasy. I’d like to see what I can do with them, especially integrating these topics with ideas from the Books and Libraries reworking I am doing.
D&D a much better job here overall, with a great deal more material and application in the rules. There is a broad range of creature types available, but within the types they are still pretty consistent and the core rules do not include much by way of unique creatures.
I want to expand on this somewhat. I have a rather larger list of sources to work with, but I’d like to see what else is available.
- Demons series from Mayfair Games (Role Aids)
- Archmagic from Mayfair Games
- Gates of Hell from Dice Freaks
- Trollman’s Tome
- Infernum setting from Mongoose Publishing
- Book of Hell from Mongoose Publishing
- Book of Immortals from Mongoose Publishing
- Book of Fiends (and Armies of the Abyss and Legions of Hell) from Green Ronin
- Advanced Bestiary from Green Ronin
- Dragonlords of Melnibone from Chaosium
- Book of Vile Darkness from Wizards of the Coast
- Unearthed Arcana from Wizards of the Coast
- Encyclopedia of Demons & Devils from Fast Forward Entertainment
- Book of Templates from Silverthone Games
Are there any other books or RPG sources that focus much on demons or rituals? They don’t need to be D&D-specific, and small-press materials and blog posts and the like are all valid for what I’m looking for.
“Sorcerer”, from Adept Press, and the three supplements. There’s also “Secrets of Pact Magic” by Dario Nardi (d20).
Book of Ebon Bindings by M. A. R. Barker
Carcosa by Geoffrey McKinney