Yesterday we ran a Microscope session to build the baseline for the Seekers of Lore campaign setting. In Round 0 we laid the groundwork for what was to follow.
Age of Gods, Round 0
We kept everything to the Age of Gods, when the gods were still building and directly manipulating the Prime Plane. Civilization growed and flourished, and yet this was still a dark age because the gods ran roughshod over the mortals.
The palette was set after two passes:
- in: gods walk the earth
- out: no dragons
- in: some gods are not immortal
- out: no arcane magic
- in: energy of creation comes from plants imported from Paradise and the Elemental Planes
- in: “laboratory areas” where gods experiment with ideas for improvements
- in: oaths sometimes have power beyond expectation
- out: disease does not exist yet
- in: all gods except elder gods may be permanently changed by amorphia
- in: elemental beings are trying to figure out the nature of the universe
The opening and ending periods were declared.
Opening Period: By the Grace of the Gods [light]
The gods start considering mortals as “more valuable than rocks”, and start treating them as side-effects that are interesting and potentially useful.
Ending Period: The Coming Storm [dark]
Unexpected events are interfering with the gods’ actions.
Age of Gods Timeline
- Period: By the Grace of the Gods [light]
- Period: The Coming Storm [dark]