As usual, here is my ‘Z-A Index’ roundup of my blog challenge.
I feel like I’ve done better in previous years. This time around I was late many of the days, and I did not actually reach the target (by subject completion, not word count) I was aiming for. The word count being lower than normal (I’ve done more than 30,000 words in one of these challenges) was somewhat deliberate, I’m trying to write more succinctly, even if it means not going into full detail. However, some individual post word counts are very low for me (80 words? I basically phoned that one in… and might have literally, I have PMs longer than that sometimes), and I basically gave up being on time from Thursday until the weekend. This could easily have been avoided, of course, had I actually prepared for the challenge and buffered posts.
All that aside, overall I’m pretty happy with the quality of the content. I didn’t actually finish the quickstart adventure I’d aimed to, but I did get far enough along with the groundwork for the adventure to satisfy me for now. Even with the high-level description I have right now I can turn up material for a dozen little adventures or side treks, which is a great place to be if running a sandbox (or in this case, I suppose, a mudpit). If nothing else, I’ve also done quite a bit of groundwork for this section of Node-Based Adventure Design (work in progress).